The South Central District consists of all the American Rose Society local societies in Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas (excluding Eastern Arkansas). The officials are American Rose Society members, who have excelled in their local societies, and now are giving their time to make other societies successful. The District is directed by a volunteer Board of Directors. See the below for a complete list. The SCD is a non-profit society for the enjoyment of roses.
The GTRS will host a Consulting Rosarian School March 9 at the Beaumont Botanical Gardens in Tyrrell Park. The school is open to anyone who wants to learn more about roses. If you meet the qualifications listed below you may become a CR. The school is also for existing CR’s to re-certify which must be done every 4 years. The program will begin at 8:30am and end at 1:00pm. Everyone is invited!!
For more information contact Dale Dardeau @ 409-882-4197.
Qualifications of Consulting Rosarians Any member of the American Rose Society may qualify as a Consulting Rosarian by the following:
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must be a regular or associate member of the American Rose Society for three consecutive years.
3. Must be an active member of a local rose society.
4. Must have grown roses of various types for at least five years and should be knowledgeable about equipment and materials related to rose culture.
5. Must send a completed CR Candidate Form and three letters of recommendation to the candidate’s District Consulting Rosarian Chairman at least thirty days before the CR School. The letters of recommendation must be on the CR Candidate Letter of Recommendation Form and must be signed by three active Consulting Rosarians.
6. Must attend an approved ARS school/workshop for Consulting Rosarians and complete and pass an open book written review based on the material contained in the Consulting Rosarian Manual with a score not less than 75%.
7. Must be in attendance at all programs presented at the school.
8. Must know and be willing to live up to the Consulting Rosarian Code.
9. Must be willing to attend no less than one Consulting Rosarian School/Seminar every four years or accrue four credits in four years by attending approved Seminars.
10. Must exhibit a continuing willingness to share knowledge and an enthusiasm for the rose and the American Rose Society ideals.
11. Filing a Roses In Review report yearly is expected.
12. A completed individual activity report form (if required by the District) must be submitted to the District Chairman of Consulting Rosarians by the date designated by the District Chairman. After passing the open book written review the CR then receives a date for the completion of their next 4-point audit. CRs are required to accrue 4 credits in 4 years by either attending approved seminars for CR credits or by auditing an approved CR school before the end of December of their audit year.
Sign up to hear about tips and trends in landscaping.
We strive to be in constant communication with our customers until the job is done. If you have questions or special requests, just drop us a line. To get a free quote, please contact us at your convenience. We look forward to serving you!
1704 Glenwick Plano, Texas 75075
Home 972-422-5068 Cell 469-951-5068
3015 Kelly Street Orange, Texas 77632-7572
2604 Highgate Arlington, Texas 76016
Home 817-654-3832 Cell 817-614-7285
5548 Crosstimber Dr. Orange, Texas 77632-7572
5240 Avie Lane Beaumont, Texas
2718 Raintree Circle 74066-9322
Home 918-227-1954 Cell 918-200-5528
5548 Crosstimber Dr.
Orange, Texas 77632-7572
Jo Ann Bradley
8811 Phoenix Ave. Universal City, Texas 78148
Home 210-658-8074 Cell 210-219-7271
550 Evening Dr. Conway, Arkansas 72032-4757
P.O. Box 70828 Houston, Texas 77270
Home 713-869-3693 Cell 713-628-3681
5529 Polar Rd Orange, Texas 77630